What is Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta?
Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta enables user authentication on the panel of your MFP, provides Print Release functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta
Try a fully functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
Setting up Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta
To install, you will need the following
- IP address of the Konica Minolta MFP
Configuring your printer to work with Argos:
Install Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta
- Open Argos Manager and select the Printers tab.
- Click the + button at the top right of the Printer Groups pane, hover over Integration, then click on the Onboard for Konica Minolta MFP option.
- Enter the IP address of the Konica Minolta MFP in the IP address field.
- If the Konica Minolta has an EFI Fiery controller on a separate IP address, enter the Fiery IP address in the Fiery IP address field. Leave this as 0.0.0.0 if no Fiery is installed.
- Select the types of activity you wish to track directly from the printer: Prints, Scans, Copies and/or Faxes. Note: Tracking printing at the printer requires users to enter a PIN code in their Konica Minolta print driver. See Configuring PIN codes for Konica Minolta print driver for more info.
- Some administrator functions of the Konica Minolta printers can produce print, copy, scan and fax activity without a valid username. In most cases, we recommend ignoring these records. However, you may want to enable tracking for some or all features. Select the types of activity you wish to track from the Built-in users section: Prints, Scans, Copies and/or Faxes.
- Konica Minolta MFPs report two page sizes: Small and Large. By default we assign these to letter (8.5"x11") and tabloid (11"x17"). You can change these sizes in the dimensions area.
- Click on the License button to apply the license key. The button text will read Unlicense when the key is applied. Click on the OnBoard application… button to access the installation window for the OnBoard tracking agent.
- Select the server running the Argos OnBoard for Konica service from the Primary server drop down list. If there is another server running the OnBoard for Konica service, it can be configured as a backup by selecting it from the Secondary server drop down list. If a second server does not exist, select the same server from each list.
- If tracking for Built-in users was enabled in step #6, check the box to Allow public user This will provide an override button on the Konica Minolta printer panel to enable accessing the copier functions without requiring a PIN code.
- Enter the administrator password for the Konica Minolta controller into the Password field. Contact your Konica Minolta technician if you are uncertain of this password.
- Make sure that Allow print without authentication checkbox is unchecked. If you intend to use MFP authentication when sending print jobs to the MFP, leaving this checkbox checked will result in color jobs discarded by the MFP. When using PIN authentication for print jobs, this will have no effect on print jobs. For information on how to allow users to print without authentication, read these instructions.
- Click the Install button to push the OnBoard agent to the Konica Minolta MFP.
- A series of messages will appear. At the conclusion of the process, a success message is displayed. Click the Close button.
- Back in the Printer properties window, click the Printer Information tab and enter a printer name (e.g. "KM c284"). Assign the Konica Minolta to the appropriate Printer Group, based upon the desired media (typically with an area or linear pricing basis). Optionally define the Location and Owner if they will be used for reports.
- In the Color assignment (if undetected) section, select the radio button next to the desired option for undetected ink-type jobs, Color or Black & White. Checking the box to Ask for interactive jobs will include an option to select the ink-type in the billing client. Un-check the box to force the default selection to be used. Click OK to save the changes.
Removing the Argos authentication application from your MFP
- Right-click the printer for which you wish to uninstall the authentication application. Choose Properties. Click the OnBoard Copy Tracking tab.
- Click the OnBoard Application button
- Click the Uninstall button
The current list of supported Konica Minolta models can be found here