How to Allow Printing Without Authentication on a Konica Minolta MFP
In most cases, Konica Minolta printing is tracked through Windows or Fiery tracking, rather than using Argos OnBoard. There are two settings that need to be configured to allow this - one on the panel of the device, and one in the driver on the print server.
Enable Print Without Authentication on the device panel
- Click the Utility/Counter button on your Konica Minolta device (to the right of the touch screen)
- Click Administrator Settings
- If prompted, enter your administrator password. The default password is 12345678 (or 1234567812345678). If neither of the default passwords are accepted, contact your KM representative.
- Click User Authentication/ Account Track
- Click Print without Authentication
- Click Allow
- Click OK and exit the administrator settings
Disable User Authentication in the device driver
In addition to allowing Print without Authentication on the device, User Authentication also needs to be disabled in the device driver. In an environment with a central print server, this setting only needs to be configured once. In an environment where users have print queues that print directly to the MFP without passing through a server, this setting should be configured on each workstation. For this reason, we strongly recommend using a single queue shared off a server.
- Right-click the print queue and choose Printer Properties.
- Click the Configure tab
- Click Obtain Settings
- Uncheck the Auto box, and enter your device administrator password. The default password is 12345678 (or 1234567812345678). If neither of the default passwords are accepted, contact your KM representative.
- Click OK to return to the Configure tab
- Select User Authentication from the Device Option list
- Change the setting to Disable
- Click OK to save the changes.