What is Argos OnBoard for Canon?
Argos OnBoard for Canon tracks print, copy and scan activity on MEAP-enabled Canon MFPs. There are two primary components to Argos OnBoard for Canon: the Java-based MEAP application that gets installed and runs on your Canon MFP, and the server-based software that the MEAP application talks to.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Canon.
Try a fully functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
Setting up Argos OnBoard for Canon
To install, you will need the following
- A functioning Argos environment
- Access to Argos Manager
- All users set up with a PIN code and Email Address in the Users section of Argos Manager
- IP address of the Canon MFP
Configuring your MFP to work with Argos
- Disable Department ID Management
- MEAP Spec 10 is required to authenticate with a USB proximity card reader
Install Argos OnBoard for Canon
To install Argos OnBoard for Canon directly on your MFP, follow the instructions for your model series:
Configure the Canon MFP in Argos Manager
- Open Argos Manager and select the Printers tab.
- Click the + button at the top of the Printer Groups pane, hover over Integration, then click on the Onboard for Canon MFP option.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the Canon MFP. Select the desired PIN length from the drop down list.
- In the Billing settings section, select Use Desktop Client for billing to post-bill activity or Use MFP panel for billing to pre-bill activity.
- Click the Associate with Server…. button. In the Remotely Configure Argos OnBoard window, select the local server running the Argos OnBoard for Canon service from the drop down list OR check the Use IP address instead box and enter the IP address of the server. Click OK.
- A web page will open confirming that the printer is associated with the server.
- Click the Printer Information tab and enter a printer name (e.g. "Canon"). Assign the Canon to the appropriate Printer Group based upon the desired media.