Some older Canon models require a different Canon MEAP client.
- Browse to http://YOURCANONIPADDRESS:8000/sms
- Type MeapSmsLogin in password field and click "Log In"
- Click System Management > Enhanced Sys. App
- Browse to
c:\Argos7Installers\Canon\Legacy and choose "Argos OnBoard_x.x.x.x.jar
- Click the "Browse" button next to "License File Path"
- Browse to
c:\Argos7Installers\Canon\Legacy and choose SEP-x.x.x.x.lic
- Click "Install"
- Click "Yes" on the following page to confirm installation
- Click the radio button next to Argos OnBoard application
- Click "Select"
- The status will change to "Start After Restart"
- Reboot the Canon MFP
- When the device reboots, you will be prompted for an IP Address on the panel. Do not enter an IP address.
- Open a web browser and enter the following URL: http://YOURCANONIPADDRESS:8000/login?password=9E5F11029F5F46B19EA5102E548FEC72&ip=YOURARGOSSERVER:7081
- A web page will appear confirming that Argos OnBoard has been installed.
The Canon web UI will now be locked down. To access the web UI, enter a valid Argos PIN code. If you wish to change administrative settings via the web UI, enter an Argos PIN associated with a user set as an Argos administrator.
The following devices are supported by Argos OnBoard for Canon Legacy but NOT by the newer application.
iR 105+, iR 2270, iR 2870, iR 3570, iR 4570, iR 5070, iR 5570, iR 6570, iR 8070, iR 85+, iR 9070, iR