The permissions tab defines Argos Manager permissions as well at Desktop Client project access for users within a group.
Argos Manager Permissions
There are three options for defining User Group access to Argos Manager
- Cannot access Argos Manager - These users cannot open the Argos Manager at all. In general, most users in a company would fall into this category. Note - Argos Manager settings do not affect the Desktop Client.
- Can Administer Argos Manager (full permissions) - These users have access to all areas and settings in the Argos Manager - including setting Argos Manager permissions for other users. We recommend using this setting for those who will maintain the Argos installation.
- Access specific parts of the Argos Manager - An accounting user may want access to Pricing, Projects, Reports and Data, but not need access to other areas. A project manager might only need access to Reports to run a monthly report. Specific permissions can be tailored for user groups.
Manual Billing Access
Access to the Argos Manual Entry tool can be defined through Group permission settings. Click here to read more about Manual Entry .
If you have Interactive Billing enabled for your users, they are prompted for the Desktop Client after making prints, copies or other billable job types. By default, all billing codes in Argos will be available to all users. However, you may want to limit the scope for some users.
- Multi-Office environments - if you have certain codes that are only used in specific offices, you may want to exclude them from the users who would not need to bill to those codes.
- Overhead codes - Some accounting packages include many overhead codes that should never be used for printing expenses, such as Sick Time, Vacation, Maternity Leave, etc.
- Administrative codes - Some administrative codes should only be used by IT staff, office administrators, etc.
To accomplish this, Argos lets you build visibility rules for user groups. Visibility rules are evaluated in order. Hence, it's best to start with general rules (e.g. "hide all billing codes") and work toward increasingly specific rules.
Please Note In order to avoid confusion and to preserve Argos Desktop Client performance, Argos limits the number of user group rules to ten.
To Establish Billing Code Visibility Rules
- From the User Group properties dialog, click the Permissions tab.
- Click the Project Access button.
- Use the Add, Edit, and Remove buttons to change rules.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to change the order in which the rules are evaluated.
- Click "View Projects" button to preview the filtered list that your group will be able to access.
By default, all billing codes are included (visible)
Edit Job History
Editing job history enables users to go back and change project information for print jobs they've previously billed within a given time period. Here's some more info on implementing this feature of the desktop client.