What is Argos OnBoard for Sharp?
Argos OnBoard for Sharp enables user authentication on the panel of your MFP, provides Print Release functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity. Argos provides Single Sign On access to other OSA applications and can set different printing limits and restrictions for different users.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Sharp
Try a fully functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
Setting up Argos OnBoard for Sharp
To install, you will need the following
- Compatible OSA-enabled Sharp printer (OSA 2.x-5.x)
- Sharp AMX-3 External Account Module license
- IP address of the Sharp MFP
Configuring your MFP to work with Argos:
Configure the authentication method:
- Pin Authentication - Allows users to enter a PIN code or use an Argos Proximity card reader to access the printer
- Active Directory Authentication - Allows users to enter their AD username/password on the printer. This is only recommended for Sharp Printers that have a full keyboard
- Proximity Card Authentication - Allows users to login using an Argos Proximity card reader without clicking a button on the screen first
- No Authentication - All activity is tracked, but users are never prompted to login at the MFP
Configuring your Sharp MFP in Argos Manager
Once you reboot your Sharp MFP, it will appear in Argos Manager and start tracking. The name will be set as the printer's serial number, and it will appear in the default printer group. To change these settings, follow these steps:
- Open Argos Manager and select the Printers tab
- In the Default Printer group, the new Sharp MFP instance will appear with its serial number and an Argos Sharp OnBoard label.
- Double-click the MFP serial number to open the instance properties. On the Printer Information tab, enter a name for the MFP, and optionally set the Group, Location, and Owner. Click OK.
NOTE: After you've completed the Sharp Onboard setup, it is very important that you disable tracking on the windows/Mac queues for this Printer in Argos Manager. This is to avoid double-billing from the different tracking methods moving forward.
Sharp MFP Knowledge Base Articles
MX-1800N, MX-2000F, MX-2010U, MX-2300FG, MX-2300G, MX-2300N, MX-230x, MX-2301N, MX-2310U, MX-2314N, MX-2600N, MX-2610N, MX-2614, MX-2614N, MX-2615, MX-2640N, MX-2700FG, MX-2700G, MX-2700N, MX-3100N, MX-310x, MX-3110N, MX-3114N, MX-3115N, MX-3140N, MX-3500FN, MX-3500N, MX-3501FN, MX-3501N, MX-360x, MX-3610N, MX-3640N, MX-3060N, MX-3560N, MX-4060N, MX-4100N, MX-4101N, MX-410x, MX-4110, MX-4111, MX-4111N, MX-4140N, MX-4141N, MX-4500FN, MX-4500N, MX-4501FN, MX-4501N, MX-3070N, MX-3570N, MX-4070N, MX-5070N, MX-6070N, MX-5001N, MX-500x, MX-5070N, MX-5111, MX-5111N, MX-5140N, MX-5141N, MX-5500N, MX-6200N, MX-6201N, MX-6240N, MX-6500N, MX-7000N, MX-7001N, MX-7040N, MX-7500N, MX-900N, MX-M904,MX-M753, MX-M850, MX-2651, MX-3051, MX-355, MX-4051, MX-3071, MX-3571, MX-4071, MX-2630N, MX-3050V, MX-3550V and MX-4050V, MX-3070V, MX-3570V, MX-4070V, MX-2651, MX-3051, MX-355, MX-4051
MX-M502N, MX-M503N, MX-M1054, MX-M1100, MX-1100N, MX-M1204, MX-M264, MX-M264N, MX-M266N, MX-M282N, MX-M283, MX-M283N, MX-M314, MX-M314N, MX-M316N, MX-M350, MX-M350F, MX-M350N, MX-M350U, MX-M354N, MX-M350F, MX-M350N, MX-M350U, MX-M354N, MX-M362N, MX-M363, MX-M363N, MX-M365N, MX-M450, MX-M450F, MX-M450N, MX-M450U, MX-M452N, MX-M453, MX-M453N, MX-M464, X-M465N, MX-M550, MX-M550N, MX-M550U, MX-M564N, MX-M565N, MX-M620, MX-M620N, MX-M620U, MX-M623, MX-M623N, MX-M654N,MX-M700, MX-M700N, MX-M700U, MX-M753N, MX-M754N, MX-M850, MX-M904, MX-M950, MX-M1100
MX-C301W, MX-C311, MX-C312N, MX-C381, MX-C401