The Argos Mobile app for Android works with the Argos Print Management Pack to let you see a list of pending print jobs, release them to a printer, or delete them from your Android phone.
- Argos 7.3.3 or higher
- Android 2.2 ("Froyo") or higher
- The name or IP address of a computer running the Argos Mobile Release service (part of the Application Server package you installed when you set up Argos)
Preparing Your Android Device
Before downloading, please make sure to allow installation of non-Market applications:
- On your Android device, navigate to Settings > Application
- Check the Unknown sources option
Installing the App
- From your Android device, access your web browser and navigate to http://ip_or_host:7071/Android/get-client (replace ip_or_host with your Argos Application Server's correct value).
- You'll be presented with a page like this
- Tap the grey button to proceed.
After the installation you will need to specify:
- Your Argos PIN code
- Server name (<%=_server%>)
- Port (<%=_port%>)
in the settings of the application.
Using the App
The app works in conjunction with Argos Print Release. You must first set up a hold queue and place it on a team with the printers you wish to release from, though all of these printers must use the same print driver. When you print to a hold queue, your print jobs are held for subsequent release to any printer on the team. Launching the Android app displays those held print jobs:
Tapping a print job in the list raises a popup menu, from which you can choose Print or Delete.