A Media is anything in Argos for which you want to assign a cost and charge. Typically Media will be different kinds of paper and other printed output, but a Media could also be phone miles driven, postage -- nearly anything at all.
Adding a Media Type
- Navigate to the Pricing tab in Argos Manager.
- Click the + button in the top right of the middle pane and choose Add Media…
- In the resulting dialog, type the name of the Media and choose a pricing basis.
- Click OK to finish.
Adjusting Media Types
There are two parts to changing an Item: the pricing, and the setup (name, pricing basis).
- Open Argos Manager and select the Pricing tab.
- Click on the existing pricing values and type the new amounts.
- Click the Apply button in the lower right portion of the screen to save the new amounts.
Adjusting a Media Type's Name, Pricing Basis Or Array of Paper Sizes
- Click on the name of the media you wish to change.
- In the resulting dialog, rename the Item, change its pricing basis, or add/remove paper sizes for paper size based media.
Deleting a Media Type
When deleting a Media that is referenced by logged activity, Argos will prompt you to choose a replacement Media. Then Argos will change the referenced activity to reflect your new Media choice.
- Right-click on the name of the Media you wish to delete
- Click Delete
- If the Media is referenced, choose the replacement Media in the dialog. Click OK.
Be patient. If your Argos database is particularly large or your database server is under load, it may take time for the referencing activity records to update.
Adding SKUs to a Media Type
An alphanumeric code can be associated with each price point in Argos. These SKUs are often used when exporting data from Argos to an accounting package.
- Large BW printing per sq foot: A101
- Large Color printing per sq foot: A102
- Small BW printing Letter: B701
- Small BW printing Legal: B702
- Small BW printing Tabloid: B703
- Small Color printing Letter: C701
- Small Color printing Legal: C702
- Small Color printing Tabloid: C703
These price point specific SKUs can be defined in Argos on the Pricing page, simply click on the SKU section for the price point you wish to assign a unit to, enter the SKU/unit code and then click "Apply" in the lower right corner of the screen.