Argos 8 is tightly integrated with Deltek Vision and can export billing data directly to Deltek Vision databases on locally hosted SQL servers (for exporting to cloud hosted Deltek Vision databases, follow this article).
- In Argos Manager Data section, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Export to Vision…
- In the Deltek Vision Export Tasks window, click Create
- In the Deltek Vision Export window, enter a name for the export task. Click Change.
- In the Vision Server Database Settings window, enter the Deltek Vision server name, instance name (if necessary), database name and SQL credentials (default UID/Password for Deltek Vision is DeltekVision/Password1). Click Test Connection to verify connectivity. Click OK.
- In the Deltek Vision Export window, select the appropriate Transaction type from the drop down list (click here for a discussion about Vision expense entry types). Click Settings.
- For transaction type Units, each Argos Media needs to be mapped to the related Deltek Vision unit. To create the mappings, in the Unit Table Export Settings window, highlight the Argos media (step 1), select the associated Deltek Vision unit from the Map to Deltek unit: drop down list (step 2) and click Apply (step 3). Repeat the steps until all Argos media has been mapped. In the Project Settings section, select an export option for job records where the assigned project has become inactive in Deltek Vision or is missing completely. Click OK.
- For transaction type Prints and Reproductions, each Argos status needs to be mapped to a related Deltek Vision account. To create the mappings, in the Prints and Reproductions Settings window, click New Mapping (step 1), select a Sepialine status code: from the drop down list (step 2), select the associated Deltek Vision Account (step 3) and click OK. Repeat the steps until each Argos status has been mapped.
- Click the ellipse button (…) next to Unmapped status codes use: and select a Deltek Vision account to be assigned to job records with an Argos status that has not been mapped to a Deltek Vision account. Click the drop down list next to Basis for pricing: and select either Cost or Charge depending on which value will be used for calculations.
In the Project Settings section, select an export option for job records where the assigned project has become inactive in Deltek Vision or is missing completely. Click OK.
- In the Deltek Vision Export window, click Change next to Filters and dates:
- In the Filtering Options window, in the Argos Data Filter section, click the Edit… button next to any job record field (project, device, user, status) to selectively exclude activity from the export. In the Date Filter section, select the radio button next to the desired date range option. Click OK.
- In the Deltek Vision Export window, select the local Argos Integration server: from the drop down list (if necessary). Click the License button to apply the license key (button text will read Unlicense when the key is applied). Check the box next to Enabled and click the Schedule… button to automate the export task.
- In the Set schedule window, configure the frequency for the export task execution. Click OK.
- In the Deltek Vision Export window, click OK to save the export task configuration.
- In the Deltek Vision Export Tasks window, highlight the task and click Run to execute the export task immediately (if desired). Click Close.
Deltek Round Trip integration is complicated and depends on a number of factors in your specific accounting and printing environment. To set up Deltek Round Trip Integration, please contact Sepialine Support for more information.