In some cases, you may only want to track certain printers on your network. PDF writers, print queues being tracked by an Argos integrated connector and multiple print shares for the same printer are some common examples.
Create a new Printer Group
- In Argos Manager's Printers section, click the + symbol at the top right of the list of printer groups and select Printer Group…
- In the Printer Group window, type a name for the new group (i.e. Do Not Bill). Select the radio buttons next to Automatic and Send activity to Recycled Bin. Click OK.
- Double-click on the printer that should not be tracked (new printers will appear in the Default printer group). In the Printer properties window, on the Printer Information tab, click the drop down list next to Group and select the group created in step #2. Click OK.
- The changes can take up to 15 minutes to take effect. To implement the changes immediately, restart the Argos Communication service. Click Start Run, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Windows services console, right-click on the Argos Communication service and select Restart.
Create an assignment pattern to handle new printers
Printer Groups can be configured to automatically assign new printers to the Do Not Bill printer group.
- Double-click the Do Not Bill printer group to open the properties window.
- In the Assignment Pattern: field, enter the name(s) of the printer queues that should be added to the Printer Group. Wildcards can also be used to match a portion of the printer queue name string (i.e. *PDF*). Separate multiple assignment patterns with a comma (i.e. *PDF*, *Bluebeam*). Printers with PDF or Bluebeam in the printer queue name will be included. Click OK.