KIP System K Controller Configuration
- Purchase and install a KIP Accounting and Cost Center license from the device vendor
- Open a web browser and enter the device's IP address in the URL bar (example: HTTP://192.168.0.123)
- Enter administrative credentials (default username/password is admin/kip)
- On the System Setup page, remove the check mark next to Allow Anonymous Use
Some important things to know about the "Allow Anonymous Use" option:
- When this box is checked, users can print, scan or copy without entering a PIN code. Argos can track prints/plots when printing through a print driver or the PrintPro submission tool however, scan/copy jobs will be tracked to an unknown username (the unknown user name can be merged with a valid user to generate the Argos billing prompt)
- When this box is unchecked, users will be required to enter a PIN code each time they scan/copy or print/plot from any submission methods including the Windows print driver, PrintPro and PrintPro.net.
- The KIP firmware does not have an option to allow printing without a PIN code when requiring a PIN code for copy/scan activity.
The Argos OnBoard for KIP connector can now be configured.