Argos Global Print combine Secure Release technology with the ability to route your print job to any compatible printer on your network. Global Print can help simplify printing complexity for users and reduce wasted printing.
Creating a Global Print Team
- Open Argos Manager and click "Devices"
- Click the + icon in the lower left corner and select "Team..."
- Give your team a name (e.g. "Xerox MFPs", "New York Printers")
- Click "OK"
Adding Devices to a team
Any devices that use compatible drivers can be added to a Global Print team. Many manufacturers now offer "Global" print drivers that are compatible with all their devices. For example, the Xerox Global Print Driver can be used with most Xerox printers, as well as many other printers that use industry-standard PCL or PostScript print commands.
- Open Argos Manager and click "Devices".
- Double Click on the device you wish to add to your "team".
- Browse to the "Secure Release" tab of the device properties and click the "edit" button next to the queue you wish to modify.
- Check the "Enable Secure Release/Global Print" box and select the desired "team" from the dropdown.
Configuring Devices on your network
Any print job sent to a device that is part of a Global Print team can be released at any other device within the team. For example, if you have 20 different Xerox MFPs on your network, users can print to any print queue in this group, and then pick it up at the printer closest to them.
In this environment, we recommend having only one print queue that is shared out to the users per Global Print Team. Instead of 20 different print queues installed on all workstations, users could have one queue called "Xerox Print"
Printing can be released at the MFP panel or via Argos Mobile clients.
Supported release clients:
- Argos Mobile for Android
- Argos Mobile for iOS
- Argos OnBoard for Canon
- Argos OnBoard for Sharp
- Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta
- Argos OnBoard for Xerox