Internet Explorer 9 has a built-in feature called "SmartScreen" to block files it suspects may be dangerous. Occasionally, the Argos installation files downloaded from our website may be blocked from running if downloaded via IE9.
Allow Windows to run a blocked file
To run a file that has been blocked by SmartScreen, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools>View Downloads (or use CTRL+J) to see a list of downloaded files
- Click "Actions" button next to UnpackArgos file
- Click "More Options" arrow on "SmartScreen Filter" window
- Click "Run Anyway" to run the executable file
Disable SmartScreen Filter
Alternately, you can disable SmartScreen Filter completely prior to downloading.
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools>Safety>Turn off SmartScreen Filter
- Click "Turn off SmartScreen Filter" button
- Click "OK"
Use a different browser
Other browsers to do not automatically block downloaded files from running. Some options include: