Reports generated in Argos Manager can be automatically emailed on a set schedule.
You'll need the following information to set up a scheduled Report:
- SMTP Server name and port
- Email account and password to send reports from
Configure mail server settings
Argos uses your internal mail server to email reports.
- Open Argos Manager
- Click Settings>Reports Distribution
- Enter SMTP server and credentials
- Optionally add text to accompany reports
Configure report settings
Each report schedule can be configured with a specific setting.
- Browse to Reports & Data
- Define the filter for the data you'd like in your report
- Choose a report from the Gallery
- Click the "Schedule Report" button
- Click "Create"
- Edit the task name, if desired
- Enter the recipient's email address
- Click "Enabled"
- Enter the frequency for emailing the report
- Click OK
As reports are typically set up on a recurring schedule (weekly, monthly, etc), we recommend using a variable date definition, rather than a specific date range. The following would be good filter options:
The following would be bad date filter options:
A billing period can be defined in Settings>General. This is handy if you run reports in the middle of the month, instead of the end.
Creating multiple schedules
Different users may want to see different reports. Project managers, CFOs and accountants may all want to see different sets of data.
Each task can be configured with a specific report, filter and recipient.