In some cases, you may only want to track certain devices on your network. PDF writers, print queues being tracked by an Argos integrated connector and multiple print shares for the same device are some common examples.
Create a new Device Group
- In Argos Manager > Devices & Terminals section, click the '+' symbol at the bottom of the list of Device Groups and select Group...
- In the Device Group window, type a name for the new group (i.e. Do Not Bill). Select the radio buttons next to Automatic and Send activity to Recycled Bin. Click OK.
- Double-click on the device instance that should not be tracked (new device instances will appear in the Default device group). In the Device properties window, on the Device Information tab, click the drop down list next to Group and select the group created in step #2. Click OK.
- The changes can take up to 15 minutes to take effect. To implement the changes immediately, restart the Argos Communication service. Click Start > Run, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Windows services console, right-click on the Argos Communication service and select Restart.
Create an assignment pattern to handle new devices
Device Groups can be configured to automatically assign new devices to the Do Not Bill device group.
- Double-click the Do Not Bill device group to open the properties window.
- In the Assignment Pattern: field, enter the name(s) of the printer queues that should be added to the Device Group. Wildcards can also be used to match a portion of the printer queue name string (i.e. *PDF*). Separate multiple assignment patterns with a comma (i.e. *PDF*, *Bluebeam*) In the example shown below, printers with PDF or Bluebeam in the printer queue name will be included. Click OK.