Argos Secure Release can be enabled for any Windows print queue. With Secure Release, print jobs are held at the server until released at the device panel, or via Argos Mobile running on your handheld devices.
- Argos 7.7 or higher
- Users must print to a sever-based Windows print queue
- Argos OnBoard application installed on MFPs, or Argos Mobile application installed on iOS/Android devices, or Argos Release Station running on an Android Tablet
- Open Argos Manager and click "Devices"
- Double-click the print queue you'd like to manage
- Click "Secure Release" tab
- Click the button under "Edit" and check the box for "Enable Secure Release/Global Print"
- Click "OK"
If you also want to track the print jobs after they are released, select "Track printing" on the "Windows and Mac queues" tab. However, if you are using an Argos OnBoard MFP application that tracks printing at the device, you should make sure "Do not track printing" is selected.
Print Driver Configuration
The Windows print driver for any Secure Release-enabled printer should be configured to use the "Start printing after last page is spooled" option.
- Open "Devices and Printers" on the server or workstation hosting the print queue
- Right-click the Printer and choose "Printer Properties"
- Click the "Advanced" tab
- Confirm that "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster > Start printing after last page is spooled" is selected
- Click "OK"
Print Release Options
Printing can be released via the following tools:
- Argos Mobile for iOS devices
- Argos Mobile for Android devices
- Argos OnBoard for Konica Minolta
- Argos OnBoard for Sharp
- Argos OnBoard for Xerox
- Argos OnBoard for Canon
- Argos OnBoard for Toshiba
Printing from a Mac? Mac printing can be routed through shared Windows print queues that are managed by Secure Release.