What is Argos OnBoard for Canon?
Argos OnBoard for Canon automatically uploads new users to your Canon ImageRunner or ImageRunner Advance MFP, enables Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Canon.
Try a fully-functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
What to do when Argos OnBoard does not successfully connect to a Canon MEAP device
When associating a Canon MFP device with Argos OnBoard, the following message may appear:
Argos OnBoard running on <CANONDEVICE> (IP address <CANONIPADDRESS>) could not connect to the Argos OnBoard Service at http://<YOURSERVER>.<YOURDOMAIN>:7080/canononboard/. Please confirm your settings and try again.
If the Canon MFP cannot resolve the name of the Argos server, the installation will fail. There are a few possible solutions:
- Properly configure DNS settings on Canon device
- Disable Firewall or set exception for port 7080
- Use server IP address instead of hostname
To use the server IP instead of hostname, follow these steps.
- Copy the URL from error screen into clipboard and paste into a Notepad window
- Highlight the section of the URL showing the server name. In this example, server name is vm-ak.sepialine.net. Note that the formatting immediately before the server name includes "http%3A%2F%2F" and this must stay in place
- Replace the server name with the server IP address
- Paste the new URL back into a web browser and press Enter
- Verify that the connection is successful