The Color Wave 600 introduces a new method of tracking and billing large format color plotting - the Océ SmartClick. This is a proprietary measurement created by Océ, which factors in both area (amount of paper) and density (amount of ink used). Argos 7 gives you the option to bill by SmartClick or by the traditional square footage or quantity methods.
What you will need:
- Argos Manager
- IP Address of Color Wave 600 device
- Océ Accounting enabled on Color Wave 600 device
Configuring the Color Wave 600 adapter
Setup for a Color Wave device is very similar to a standard Océ device (TDS700, Plotwave 300, etc).
- Open Argos Manager and browse to Devices and Terminals
- From the right-side menu, double-click Advanced Tracking>Oce Account Logic (Pull)
- Type the IP address of your device in the IP field
- Click "Job Types" to define the activity types you'd like to track and which media to use
- Click the "Device Information" tab to set the name, and optionally define Group, Location, and/or Device Manager on "Device Information" tab
- Click OK
Tracking By SmartClick
Oce SmartClick is a proprietary billing method created by Océ to account for a combination of paper and ink. Argos can either bill by the traditional method (by square feet/paper size) or by SmartClick.
- Click "Track by smart clicks if available"
- Select "Add new media..." from the media drop-down
- Provide a name, such as "Smart Click"
- Choose "Page" as the Pricing basis
- Click "OK"
SmartClick tracking records a total number of clicks - not square feet, dimensions or number of pages. Therefore, only media types that use a per-click basis (referred to as "Per Page") will appear in the drop down.