Phone tracking is based on phone switches (also known as PBXs). Each phone switch in your organization is represented as a device in Argos; if you have multiple phone switches in different offices, you can set up multiple phone switch devices in Argos.
Setting up a phone switch connector
- Navigate to the Devices page
- In the Advanced Tracking section on the far right, locate your phone switch type and double-click it
- If you haven't yet established a phone call Item, a message appears prompting you for an Item name. Change the name, if desired, then click OK
- The Phone Switch properties dialog appears. For US customers, the prefix and number length numbers typically do not need to be changed.
- If you only want to track specific extensions, click "Track only the following extension ranges"
- Click "New..."
- Enter the extension range
- If multiple extension ranges should be included, click "New..." again to add additional ranges
- Set a "catch-all" user to route calls from unassigned extensions to. If a user does not exist in Argos
- Click OK to save settings and start the connection
Settings, by tab:
Office - use this dropdown to indicate the Office with which this phone system is associated. If the phone system is company-wide, or doesn't have a specific office, just leave the default value in place
Outside line prefix - specify the number(s) dialed to access an outside line
International call prefix - specify the number sequence used to place an international call ("011" in North America)
Length of area code - specify the number of digits in an area code (3 in North America)
Number length - specify the number of digits in a phone number without area code (7 in North America)
Track all extensions / Track only the following extension ranges - select the option you prefer. If you choose to only track specific ranges, use the New/Edit/Delete buttons below to establish one or more extension ranges. Phone extensions not in your specified range(s) will be ignored.
Assign jobs with unrecognized extensions to - Type, or click the Search icon, to specify the user who receives records for unknown extensions. The user you specify will receive the Argos Desktop Client. The unknown extension will be visible in the job name.
Interactive - when this option is chosen, the Argos Desktop Client prompts users to allocate their phone calls to a billing code. Checking the Require comment box makes the comment field in the Argos Desktop Client mandatory.
Automatic - silently tracks calls to the billing code you specify
Do not track - ignores calls
Advanced options - when checked, you can specify the above options on a more detailed basis for each of the following phone call types:
- Incoming local
- Incoming long distance
- Incoming international
- Outgoing local
- Outgoing long distance
- Outgoing international
- Internal call
For each call type, click the [...] button to choose billing settings.
User Extensions tab
Here you establish the relationship between phone extensions on this phone switch and your Argos users.
Add - click this button to add an extension/user pair
Edit - click to edit the selected extension/user pair
Delete - click to delete the selected extension/user pair
This tab contains settings unique to the specific phone switch type you're setting up. Refer to the documentation below:
Have a different phone system? Contact Sepialine Support for more information.