What is Argos OnBoard for Sharp?
Argos OnBoard for Sharp enables user authentication on the panel of your MFP, provides Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity. Argos provides Single Sign On access to other OSA applications and can set different printing limits and restrictions for different users.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Sharp.
Try a fully functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
Setting up Argos OnBoard for Sharp
To install, you will need the following:
- A functioning Argos environment
- Access to Argos Manager
- At least one user set up with a PIN code in Argos Manager
- Compatible OSA-enabled Sharp device (OSA 2.x-5.x)
- Sharp AMX-3 External Account Module license
- IP address of the Sharp MFP
Configuring your device to work with Argos:
Configure the authentication method:
- Pin Authentication - Allows users to enter a PIN code or use an Argos Proximity card reader to access the device
- Active Directory Authentication - Allows users to enter their AD username/password on the device. This is only recommended for Sharp devices that have a full keyboard
- Proximity Card Authentication - Allows users to login using an Argos Proximity card reader without clicking a button on the screen first
- No Authentication - All activity is tracked, but users are never prompted to login at the MFP
Configuring your Sharp device in Argos Manager
Once you reboot your Sharp MFP, it will appear in Argos Manager and start tracking. The name will be set as the device's serial number, and it will appear in the default device group. To change these settings, follow these steps:
- Open Argos Manager and select the Devices and Terminals tab
- In the Default device group, the new Sharp MFP instance will appear with its serial number and an Argos Sharp OnBoard label.
- Double-click the device name to open the instance properties. On the Device Information tab, enter a name for the device, and optionally set the Group, Location, and Owner. Click OK.
NOTE: After you've completed the Sharp Onboard setup, it is very important that you disable tracking on the windows/Mac queues for this device in Argos Manager. This is to avoid double-billing from the different tracking methods moving forward.
Argos Secure Release is available for Sharp devices. Follow these steps to enable and configure.
Sharp MFP Knowledge Base Articles
MX-1800N, MX-2000F, MX-2010U, MX-2300FG, MX-2300G, MX-2300N, MX-230x, MX-2301N, MX-2310U, MX-2314N, MX-2600N, MX-2610N, MX-2614, MX-2614N, MX-2615, MX-2640N, MX-2700FG, MX-2700G, MX-2700N, MX-3100N, MX-310x, MX-3110N, MX-3114N, MX-3115N, MX-3140N, MX-3500FN, MX-3500N, MX-3501FN, MX-3501N, MX-360x, MX-3610N, MX-3640N, MX-3060N, MX-3560N, MX-4060N, MX-4100N, MX-4101N, MX-410x, MX-4110, MX-4111, MX-4111N, MX-4140N, MX-4141N, MX-4500FN, MX-4500N, MX-4501FN, MX-4501N, MX-3070N, MX-3570N, MX-4070N, MX-5070N, MX-6070N, MX-5001N, MX-500x, MX-5070N, MX-5111, MX-5111N, MX-5140N, MX-5141N, MX-5500N, MX-6200N, MX-6201N, MX-6240N, MX-6500N, MX-7000N, MX-7001N, MX-7040N, MX-7500N, MX-900N, MX-M904,,MX-M753, MX-M850
MX-M1054, MX-M1100, MX-1100N, MX-M1204, MX-M264, MX-M264N, MX-M266N, MX-M282N, MX-M283, MX-M283N, MX-M314, MX-M314N, MX-M316N, MX-M350, MX-M350F, MX-M350N, MX-M350U, MX-M354N, MX-M350F, MX-M350N, MX-M350U, MX-M354N, MX-M362N, MX-M363, MX-M363N, MX-M365N, MX-M450, MX-M450F, MX-M450N, MX-M450U, MX-M452N, MX-M453, MX-M453N, MX-M464, X-M465N, MX-M550, MX-M550N, MX-M550U, MX-M564N, MX-M565N, MX-M620, MX-M620N, MX-M620U, MX-M623, MX-M623N, MX-M654N,MX-M700, MX-M700N, MX-M700U, MX-M753N, MX-M754N, MX-M850, MX-M904, MX-M950, MX-M1100
MX-C301W, MX-C311, MX-C312N, MX-C381, MX-C401