Create a source file
At a minimum, your text file should include at least one column - Login name. The following additional fields are optional:
- Domain name
- First name
- Last name
- Employee number
- Phone Extension
- PIN (multiple PIN codes can be defined per user, but each PIN must be unique)
This file can be delimited by comma, tab, or any custom delimiter you choose.
Configure your import
Once your file is ready, follow these steps:
- Open the Argos Manager and go to Users. Select the plus sign with a circle around it located above the user groups section, select "Import users...", then change the data source drop-down to "Import users from file" and click on "Configure" to open the configuration menu.
- Select your source file from the "Filename" box
- Select the delimiter (default is comma)
- The columns from your text file will appear. Right click the header menu to map the columns to the correct fields in your file
- Note that multiple columns can store PIN fields. There is no limit to the number of PIN codes that can be assigned to a user.
- If you do not have a Group defined in your source file, select the Default destination group
- Click "OK"
- Click "Update Existing" if you want to update existing users that may be in the list
- Click "Run" to perform the import.
- A confirmation box will appear to show you how many users were added, how many users were updated, and how many groups were added
- Click "Save", then click "Close"
Scheduling the User Import
If your user list will be updated regularly, a task can be created to import from the same source file on a set schedule.
- Click the "Schedule" button
- Select the frequency (ie hourly, daily, monthly) you'd like to run the task, then click "OK"
- Click "Enabled" to start the task. It will run unattended on the frequency you've selected.
The Username field needs to conform to Microsoft standards and cannot include the following characters:
- backslash ( \ )
- slash mark ( / )
- colon ( : )
- asterisk ( * )
- question mark ( ? )
- quotation mark ( " )
- less than sign ( < )
- greater than sign ( > )
- vertical bar ( | )
Multiple PIN codes
Users in Argos can have more than one PIN associated with their name. This is most commonly used when there is more than one allowable method to log into a copier. For example, if users can type a PIN code, or swipe a building access card. The PIN and access card may have different numbers, but both unlock the device and report as the same user.