Argos can import users directly from other SQL databases. This method works best if the user's location, user group and PIN code can be defined using fields that exist in the source database.
The SQL import is designed to bring PIN, location and group information into Argos. If you have defined these fields in Argos, but do not have them defined in the source SQL database, these fields will be overwritten with default information - including a blank PIN code.
Importing users from Active Directory
- In Argos Manager, Users section, select the Gear icon under the user list and choose Import...
- In the Import Users window, select Import users from SQL from the Data source drop down list and click the Configure link.
- In the User Import Settings window, click the ellipse(...) button next to the Connection string: field.
- In the Data Link Properties window, on the Provider tab, highlight Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server and click Next.
- On the Connection tab, enter the server connection details (SQL server name, instance name, SQL user name & password). Check the box next to Allow saving password and select the source database from the drop down list. Click the Text Connection button; if the test is successful, click the OK button to save the changes.
- In the User Import Settings window, Selection SQL field, enter a SELECT query to obtain user account data from the SQL database table(s). Click the Reload button to execute the query. Once sample data has been loaded, right-click on each column name and select the associated field mapping. Click OK to save the changes.
- In the Import Users window, check the boxes next to Update existing and Enabled to implement the import as a recurring task. Click the Schedule... button to configure the import frequency.
- In the Set schedule window, select the desired frequency of the import task. Click OK.
- In the Import Users window, click the Save button to save the changes. Click the Run button to import the user accounts immediately. Once the initial import is complete, click the Close button.